Michael Douglas' Avocado and Grapefruit Juice in Blender
4 cups unsweetened grapefruit juice (preferably fresh)
3/4 cup honey
In blender, puree avocados with grapefruit juice, honey and crushed ice. Chill well; pour into tall glasses. This is a fueling filler.
Michael Douglas' Avocado and Orange Soda in Blender
2 California avocados
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1 orange
3 tbsps. honey
4 (seven ozs. each) bottles lemon-lime carbonated beverage
1 pt. vanilla ice cream (or orange, lime or lemon sherbet)
Lime slices, mint to garnish
1. In blender, puree avocados with lime juice, orange juice and honey. Chill well; pour into 6 tall glasses. Vigorously stir in carbonated beverage. Top each soda with a scoop of ice cream (or sherbet). Makes 6-8 servings.
Thoughts: If desired, yogurt can be substituted for ice cream (or sherbet) and soda for lunch and-or late night snacking.
Michael Douglas' Banana Instant Blender Breakfast
1 can frozen orange juice
2 cans milk
1 cup water
1. Place all ingredients in electric blender. Mix until smooth. Serves 4.
Thoughts: Michael's instant breakfast can be supplemented by adding honey (or molasses), eggs, yogurt and wheat germ as tastes dictate.
Michael Douglas' California Lunch (Fruit Plate)
2 large bananas, sliced
2 medium oranges, sectioned
1/2 cup slivered dates
One (1 lb. 4 oz.) can pineapple chunks
2 tbsps. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup salad oil
Crisp salad greens
Cottage cheese (or cooked white breast of chicken)
Chopped salted peanuts
1. Combine bananas, oranges and dates in large bowl. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Add pineapple to fruit. Combine juice with vinegar, curry powder, salt and salad oil. Shake well, pour over fruit,
marinate about 30 minutes.
2. Arrange crisp greens on large platter (or 6 salad plates). Spoon cottage cheese on top and fruit mixture over all. Top salad with chopped peanuts. Makes 6 servings.
Michael Douglas' California Lunch (Oranges and Avocados)
1 cup yogurt
2 tbsps. honey
2 tbsps. mayonnaise
1 tsp. grated orange peel
Dash of salt
4 ripe unpeeled California avocados, halved
1. Combine and chill for dressing: yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, orange peel and salt. Arrange orange sections in avocado halves, top with dressing. Serve alone for lunch or with a pair of hamburgers or broiled lamb chops for dinner.